We have some exciting news to share. Quote Codes is available for pre-order on the App Store.
Yes, you read that right. Apple now let’s you pre-order apps: A simple but extremely useful feature.
Many thanks to everyone for the continuous love and support for our little creation. It has been an amazing journey so far and our community continues to grow bigger each day.
Quote Codes is a word puzzle game where you unlock your favorite quotes by substituting one letter at a time. In every game, each symbol stands for a letter. Your aim is to guess and decode the quotes!
Features • Beautiful and addictive word puzzle game. • Decode quotes ranging from all themes like Epic TV Shows, Timeless Movies, Classic Disney, Netflix Binge, Legendary Authors and many more! • Over 85 different themes to play. Solve quotes from Game of Thrones, 13 Reasons Why, Rumi, William Shakespeare, Lord of the Rings, Stranger Things and countless more. • Hand crafted custom animations of each symbol. Beautiful minimalistic visual design. • Completely free to play with minimum Ads. Earn coins by successfully decoding quotes! • Universal app with Facebook sync. Play on your iPhone and iPad and your progress will always be in sync.
Quote Codes comes out on January 18, 2018 on the App Store. Please don’t forget to pre-order the game. It will automatically download on launch day to your device, completely free.
Decode your favorite quotes and stay inspired all day!
Thanks for signing up for our iOS Quote Codes BETA. We received an absolutely overwhelming response and even better feedbacks. Doing a BETA release of your mobile game is great way to polish it as well as start gaining some early traction and followers. In the entire process, we learned some important lessons and thought of sharing with you guys a mini guide on how to get BETA testers for a mobile game.
1. Right! first things first, its obvious you need to have a kickass app ready to BETA test. Along with it, make sure to have a teaser and some screenshots/gifs done – This is really important as it is the most easiest way to showcase your game and capture the attention of your audience/testers. A nice, short and fun teaser along with some pretty screenshots/gifs goes a long way!
Here’s our Quote Codes teaser again because you have to shamelessly promote your game :p
2. It’s time to write a small description of your game. Don’t make it too long, just 2-3 lines that aptly explains your game and its features. Keep it short, simple, easy to understand and to the point.
3. Next is the most important task. Creating the sign up form. We suggest using google forms as everyone is familiar with it and its really easy and straightforward. Keep this form short! remember you are asking them to sign up and spend time on your game. Asking too many questions here is a big turn off. Just stick to the actual details you need. Here is the sample of our Sign Up Form – https://goo.gl/forms/6p2M92LTMmonp9ws2
How to get Beta Testers for A Mobile Game:
Now comes the fun part. Its time to tell the world about your game and ask for sign ups. Take pride in shamelessly promoting your game, you have worked so hard for it and now is the time to make it shine.
If you google, you will find several lists of groups/forums where you can ask or find BETA testers. But, we have complied the best list from our experience. Make sure to post here without fail!
1. Announce on your Pages – It goes without saying that your first step should be to make the announcement on your game’s Website/Blog/Medium and all your Social Media Pages. Post your teaser, description and the sign up form and start sharing it!
2. Facebook Groups – There are a few super active groups on Facebook for indie games that can give you a good amount of traction and potential testers. Share your announcements on the following Facebook Groups:
3. TouchArcade Forum – TouchArcade is one of the biggest website for mobile gaming news and reviews and its forums are super active. Make a new thread and post in the following sections depending on your platform:
4. Reddit – You must have read several times how important Reddit is to promote your indie game. What no one mentions is how incredibly challenging it is as well. Getting a hit on Reddit is a combination of clever posting and a bit of luck. To get testers from Reddit post on r/gamedev in the following threads. Make sure to precisely follow their posting rules to avoid getting deleted!
So you made your announcements on the above pages and more. But, you are still short of your targeted Beta signups. The chances of this happening are quite high. What do you do? Remember when we said to take pride in shamelessly promoting your game. It is now time to hustle and promote!
Start by going through your ENTIRE friends list and note down all potential testers/audience. Message each one of them individually be it on Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, WeChat, iMessage, Slack, anywhere! Write down a short message and personally ask them to sign up. Trust us, you will be surprised to know how many people are interested – they even saw your social posts and loved it but did not sign up. This extra effort/push will help convert several potential audiences to actuals.
Send out your Beta and Collect Feedback.
It is finally time to start sending out your Beta to the testers. The main reason of doing all of the above was to collect feedback from players to improve on your game. So, its important you provide your testers the most convenient way to give you feedback. We recommend using Google Forms here again. iOS and Android do allow the testers to send you a mail directly for feedback but we don’t think this is a good idea. A more structured approach is required to get maximum feedback.
Be exhaustive in asking your testers questions about the game. Construct a Feedback Form that specifically asks them about the core concepts and pressure points of your game. Keep it convenient by giving them options for each questions but leave an open comment at the end so they can also explain their thoughts on the game in their own words as well. Here is a sample of our Feedback Form – https://goo.gl/forms/j9iAjZGaoRZaTijU2
Send out the Feedback Form with a short email thanking them for the time and their amazing feedbacks!
And then that’s it! We sincerely hope this helped. And, once again many thanks to everyone who signed up for our Beta. More news on Quote Codes coming soon!
I think having physical desktop calendars are a bare necessity of life. At least for me! It helps to have a hold on your coming days and those that have gone past. The Lunar Calendar 2017 was just a simple calendar design project. We just wanted to try something simple and straight to the point.
My fascination with the Lunar Calendar came up with my hobby of late night walks. It still amazes me how much difference moonlight makes. On a full moon, even away from the city, the whole night is so serenely lit up. It’s almost magical. Whereas on a new moon, almost pitch darkness. Your eyes really struggle to adjust.
The Lunar Calendar is just that. It shows the phases of the moon every fortnight. Each date is shown to be with the corresponding moon phase. A full moon day will have the entire moon face behind the date and a new moon will have none. Simple and to the point.
I found it a helpful case as I have a copy of it on my desk and plan my nightly ‘sojourns ‘ accordingly now.
Check out the pdf of the entire year’s calendar provided herewith. Print out a copy for your desk or wall. Hopefully it’ll help you too!
We know that we have been quiet off lately, and some people have even asked us if we’re still alive.
We are alive, and can assure you that the silence is because we have a lot on our hands. And just to soothe your worries, here’s what is happening at the moment:
We have not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 projects in works! Now we can’t spill out all the details about them, but here are some slices of information.
Quote Codes – We have been working extremely hard on this for the past good year. The bulk of the work is done. What we’re doing now is some in-game mechanics, some animations, a little intro, bug fixing and sound engineering. We would be opening this for beta testing soon so please do sign up if you are interested to test our cool game.
We’ll keep you posted on a release date and we have documented the entire journey from Design to Code which we would be sharing– The game will be out in the second half of this year exclusively on iOS
In the meantime go check out the pages from the game and don’t forget to follow them!
The Game Quantum – reworking this and coming out with a more refined, more enjoyable version of our first ever game is one off our top priorities. More details in the coming weeks!
The WOW Signal – This is a space exploration video game. A topic that makes us jump from our seats. We are in the concept/designing stage of this and will start development in June. More updates on this then!
Tuta Tuk Tuk – Embarking new territories on this. We are traditionally 2D artists and developers but have challenged ourselves with doing the art of this in isometric. Currently in Prototype stage, we would be opening this for a closed Beta stage by the end of May!